ValueError at /accounts/create_thing/

Hello,

When I went to submit my registration form, at first I received the error that I was missing one argument for the get_success_url. When I saw that you offered two solutions for that error (reduce the number of arguments or change the version of Django, I just decided to change the number of arguments. After doing so and refreshing the registration page, I received the error that “The view collection.views.create_thing didn’t return an HttpResponse object. It returned None instead.”

I figured that this meant my URL wasn’t being called correctly so I combed through everything I could think of and compared it against what you have in your GitHub. I found no discrepancies and even copy and pasted as many sheets as I thought it referred to but still could not find the culprit.

I’m about to download the new version of Django to try something new but I thought I’d try this first to see if you find anything wrong with my code. My git hub can be found here -> https://github.com/btorina/HelloWebApp2.git

Unfortunately nobody has seemed to have had this problem but any help is greatly appreciated as I am completely stuck. Thanks!

What version of django-registration-redux are you using? You can see if you use pip freeze. :)

I get this back when I typed pip freeze in the Command Line:

Django==1.8.11
django-registration-redux==1.4
virtualenv==15.0.1

So it appears I’m using 1.4. Should I uninstall and go back to 1.3?

Yuuup, need to use 1.3:

Switch to that version and get_success_url should work as shown in the book. See this answer for more: Unable to overwrite RegistrationView in backends.py during "Thing" creation :)

Thanks for your help!