Trying to show a users "things" only when they are logged in

Hi,

I’m going through the HWA book and I’m really excited about the progress I’m doing. I’ve gone through so many tutorials out there and even been a member of Treehouse for over a year, but nothing seems to stick to my designer-brain. However, this book really resonated with me and I finally feel that I’m on a path to building my first web app:)

I’ve gone through most of the beginners book now, but I’m having some trouble figuring out how to link the “Things” for each user in the admin panel. I would love to be able to find the user in the admin panel, click on the user name, and have the “Thing” object for that user shown on the same page as the user. I’ve seen this done with StepInLine and StackedInLine in the admin.py file, but I’m not sure if it’s possible with the django-registration-redux system used in the book.

Thanks!

Hey — my sincere apologies, I usually get email alerts about messages on this forum and I guess this one didn’t show up, as I logged in today and saw it was never responded to. :(

Did you ever figure out a solution?

Sorry :(