Forms with read-only html text block

@limedaring First off, just purchased book #2 and although I haven’t read the entirety yet, the Stripe integration helped save a lot of time, as well as from me pulling out the rest of my hair :) Thank you for including that.

As for my question, it doesn’t have anything to do with the books, but I can’t ask on StackOverflow as it will be flagged by the pre-madonna’s…

One of my clients wants to have his NDA form on the site to have filled out electronically in lieu of downloading a pdf file. What I am struggling with is structuring the form. The form has a top area where someone would fill their name, company etc… then a body area that has all the non-disclosure text and then the footer where the user would fill in other fields pertaining to the form. The body text area I can hard code it into the form, but my client wants to be able to modify the content from time to time.

My question is how would I go about creating a form that has all the fillable fields, but also inserts a text area that displays as a text block and not a pre-filled text area?

Thank you for your insight.

FYI it’s prima donna :D

That’s a good question regarding forms… how would your client modify the content? Through the Django admin? Or some way else?

http://stackoverflow.com/a/571334 – this question might help you, you can pass in additional stuff to the form this way.

Ha, thats funny…thanks for the spelling correction… Thanks for the link…looks like this will do what I am looking to do. Thank you.

Ok, let me know if you continue to have trouble! Good luck :)

Thank you, I got it all sorted. I need to remember that that Admin area isn’t really meant for the client to us in most cases. I built a simple dashboard for them and used some of the abstract modeling from your second book to write cleaner code. Thank you again.

You’re welcome!