Error when attempting to deploy app to heroku

chn-mlt-c11595:myhellowebapp c11595$ heroku create
▸ Unexpected character during netrc parsing at character a:
▸ machine control.aldryn.com
▸ login [email protected]
▸ password PAYl2JexJBQGodj56tBTpFnEAv3q6yZuCh2aKHvg6wkFwF028ZOlZdFPlbyDpJBMmachine api.heroku.com
▸ password 7d93c994-f88a-4231-835d-a3cce1836b81
▸ machine git.heroku.com
▸ password 7d93c994-f88a-4231-835d-a3cce1836b81

Hey there! First off, if those are passwords to your account, you should change them asap. :)

Second, just to confirm, are you using the Hello Web App tutorial? Are you in your virtual environment? Did you add anything additional?

Thanks, those answers will help me narrow down the problem!

idk if I am in my virtual environment. Need to go back and check to make sure I know how to do that at this point. I am a total newb (obviously) to python development and app development in general so I will start there. as far as my heroku, passwords most likely they are. Its a temp account with nothing in it at this point. I just copied and pasted the errors I am getting to give this forum all info so that I can get the necessary help needed. Answer to last question nothing added additonally but could not install WSGIREF or find version number to it. When I went to install it I received a ‘condition already met’

No problem!

Re: virtualenv, scroll here until the heading “Start your virtual environment” — let me know if that helps:
https://hellowebapp.com/setup/

After you confirm you’re in the virtual environment, make sure your requirements.txt is up to date, and try Heroku again. :)