Django-registration-redux-problem

In hello web app, you showed us how to integrate a simple registration backend. As I develope my project I realize that I need more information than what’s on the simple registration form. How would I modify it? Perhaps to use a two-step process of sending out confirmation email?

My next question is how would I access the information in my admin? I know you used a user attribute based off a User model, but I’’ not sure how to go about accessing the other info. Would I have to add a whole other User model?

My last question is do you have plans to write a book on how to create an app like discuss.hellowebapp.com? I would totally buy that book.

I know you’re busy right now so I’m not expecting an immediate reply, but I’d truly appreciate it if you could take a look when you have free time.

Thank you Tracy

Sorry about not responding for so long, my personal life got particularly busy recently!

Hello Web App walks you through creating a profile model and creating a two step form, so that should be what you need to add more information to someone’s profile and have a two step login form. :)

This forum is easy — I just used http://www.discourse.org/! :D