Are there any plugins in the tutorial not supported by python 3? Can I use Python 3?

Just purchased the video series and book, I have a working/basic knowledge of python 3 and since reading the intro it says to use python 2.7. I’m aware that python 2.7 has a lot more supported modules etc but I’m wondering if I were to follow the tutorial using python 3 syntax will i fall into some major issue as I progress? e.g. some very specific module that doesnt support python 3 yet. I only ask because I’m only used to python 3 syntax, and wasn’t looking to have to port the app from 2.7 later on. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Honestly I have been so swamped with getting the second to the printer (needs to happen next week) that I haven’t had time to test HWA with Python 3. :(

The main package I add on is django-registration-redux, which says it’s Python 3 compatible. So my guess is that it would work with Py3 but I cannot guarantee it until I can test it myself! Sorry I can’t help more at the moment. :(

Thanks Tracy! Good to know that at least! :) If I was to do it in 2.7 would be very hard to convert it later down the track to 3?

I highly doubt it — the only big main difference seems to be print statements, which aren’t used in the first book and only minorly used in the second. Again though… I can’t guarantee it!