Stuck on the Slug!

I’m on Chapter 8 of the website’s tutorial pages at the end of the “Setting up the template” section. I have added all the code including the slug and when I run my server the same error occurs:

Reverse for ‘dream_detail’ with arguments ‘()’ and keyword arguments ‘{u’slug’: u’get-rich’}’ not found. 1 pattern(s) tried: [‘dreams/(/P[-\w]+)/$’]

I have absolutely no idea what this means.

Another thing that I do not understand is this:

When you have “slug” in your code, specifically “slug=thing.slug”, do I substitute the slug of my thing where you say slug? Or is this code word for word? There is another instance within the views.py file where you have “slug=slug”. Again, is this word for word, or do I substitute the slug of the page I am making?

Thanks for the help,

Joshua

Reverse for ‘dream_detail’ with arguments ‘()’ and keyword arguments ‘{u’slug’: u’get-rich’}’ not found. 1 pattern(s) tried: [‘dreams/(/P[-\w]+)/$’]

In your admin, do you have an item with the slug “get-rich”?

I get this error when I automatically create links, and a link created doesn’t actually exist/won’t ever resolve, and then Django complains (I’d rather it throw a 404 error, but oh well.)

When you have “slug” in your code, specifically “slug=thing.slug”, do I substitute the slug of my thing where you say slug? Or is this code word for word? There is another instance within the views.py file where you have “slug=slug”. Again, is this word for word, or do I substitute the slug of the page I am making?

If I am remembering the piece of code right, then you do the close word for word. Can you paste in the code you mean and I’ll make sure I’m remembering correctly?

Thank you. I have been working on a new project tonight and got it all figured out. I think I had missed a small step somewhere prior, which was creating the problem I was having.

Yay, glad you got it figured out!