Virtualenv Instruction are for Linux only - can't find the files

So can’t find these files and can’t finish installation…“venv/bin/activate or /usr/bin/python2.7”

looks like the linux-type instructions (more like examples, since I had already installed it) were given a little early. Now I can do it after I have installed the msysgit.

Okay — so did you get virtualenv working? :)

nope
I installed it within my PC and it gave no error. Untill I wanted to continue with the “$” instructions for linux. Then I left that and started with msysgit and then I tried the django instructions and used the source command but there is no bin directory in venv and therefore no activate !?

Ah wait, backup — are you on Linux or Windows?

windows and was using the powershell and did some of the vitualenv there…
until it stopped working for me. Then I continued and did the git install and started trying again

stopped working meaning that the installtion instructions were using linux commands and linux directories I didn’t have or couldn’t find

your instructions on how to install python for windows end by telling me how to install virtualenv but the instructions is expecting linux (uses the linux prompt and linux directory paths). So, it is confusing. I am in the Django instructions now but that also is giving me linux addresses which I do not have and I can’t find the activate in the bin. I dont’ even have bin in vave directory… I’ll be stepping out for a few. If I can get help w this that’ll be great.

By linux prompt, do you mean that I was indicating the command line with a $? That’s just an indicator, sorry for the confusion!

Can you let me know what troubles you were having with mysysgit?

Not just that but also halfway thru vitualenv it asks me to “virtualenv -p /usr/bin/python2.7 venv” I can’t find the file there. But I have python2.7 installed

basically my venv doesn’t have a bin folder for some reason so I can’t follow some of the instructions, i.e “source venv/bin/activate”

I found answers on stackoverflow. activate is in Script for Windows… still working on installation :)( See you tomorrow