Internal Server Error - generated by waitress

Deployed app to Heroku and received the below error when opening my app

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected internal server error

(generated by waitress)

Any idea what this could be or a direction I could go to find my own answer?

Thank you.

Looking at the logs, the specific error is

ImportError: Module "whitenoise.django.GzipManifestStaticFileStorage" does not define a "GzipManifestStaticFileStorage" attribute/class

Ok, I fixed it…well, almost. I replaced whitenoise storage in settings_production to django’s storage

STATICFILES_STORAGE = 'django.contrib.staticfiles.storage.ManifestStaticFilesStorage'

It works as expected…I am not worried about the whitenoise issue right now as at this stage of my learning it doesn’t mean much. But, hopefully if someone else runs into the same issue they might find this solution a good compromise.

Huh, thanks for letting me know! I’ll investigate more…

Have you had any luck researching this? I was just wondering if something I am doing wrong? Thank you.

ah! thanks for the reminder — i got distracted with the new book. :( sending this thread to big important people to get their feedback.

No one has been able to help out! Any update on your end?

I’m having this same issue.

One thing I noticed from the above error:

"whitenoise.django.GzipManifestStaticFileStorage"

should be –

"whitenoise.django.GzipManifestStaticFilesStorage"

But your guys probably already figured that out.

I’m getting the same error –

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an unexpected internal server error
(generated by waitress)

I added papertrail to my heroku app for more detail, and this is the error i’m getting

ValueError: The file 'css/style.css' could not be found with <whitenoise.django.GzipManifestStaticFilesStorage object at 0x7fc5a84ddd50>. 

Maybe that helps with both of our issues ?

Still looking to figure out an answer.

actually @friend’s solution Here solved it for me by changing the setting.py file to exactly as he had it shown.

Thanks!!

Phew, thanks for letting me know! I’ve been swamped with the end of the Kickstarter for the next book and trying to finish it up so it can go to print next week, so I wasn’t able to investigate this fully, sorry for being unresponsive! <3